Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My antenna snapped off and now I cant get the outer shell apart

Customer Question

My antenna snapped off and now I cant get the outer shell apart to install a new one
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the screw peice is broke off inside and I can see it but cannot get it apart to remove and
replace
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to twist off the top to get to it but what I believe to be some type of screw head on the top does not seem to budge
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I know except that it is a 2001 sport Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..There is a special tool for that but I/we normally use a pair of channel lock pliers when the tool is not on hand.Please see the attached diagrams, thanks..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Did you get that?