sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My car wont start cuz the red light anti theft device comes

Customer Question

My car wont start cuz the red light anti theft device comes on. Was just happening here and there but now wont start at all.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was happening but would hit the lock and unlock on my key and now that wont even work, stuck.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes im a broke bitch with not even a ride to work in a nice car!!!!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unlock and lock on my crazy key, tried disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No it runs fine if i can start it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Really just gave my cc number out and no answer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You may have a handful of things going on depending on what the vehicle is, no vehicle information was posted with the question. If you were pressing the unlock button on the key fob to allow it to start then I'm assuming it's an older vehicle with factory security (VTSS).Does the key fob no longer work at all?What year and model is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a dodge charger 2008. The key will do everything but start the car. Opens doors and locks. Opens trunk. The red light that appears is a light for Vechicle Security Alarm.
You're seeing the S***** *****ght then unless you have an aftermarket alarm. Is the light in the instrument cluster?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is in the instrument cluster. A red dot.
That's the S***** *****ght.Have you tried a second key?