Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 1999 caravan. Is it possible to go from 90-85% of

Customer Question

I have a 1999 caravan. Is it possible to go from 90-85% of breaks to 50-60% just in 3000km in 10month?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. YES, it is in fact possible that the brakes have started wearing fast due to a mechanical or hydraulic failure within the brake system. Based on my experience, this is caused by bad calipers (sticking caliper slides or piston). If this is all of the brakes including the rears, then this problem would likley be a bad master cylinder (not releasing after letting up on the brake pedal) located under the hood.