-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Durango: I bought a 2014 Durango from an auction it didn't

Customer Question

I bought a 2014 Durango from an auction it didn't come with a key. So I bought one online the car had front end damage that needed to replace the radiator and the fan so the damage didn't harm the engine. I towed th truck to the dealer and they couldn't program the key because the car had power but it was not turning on for them to program the key. The center screen will not turn on only the driver dash board lights up and says it can't find the key. The tech said the center screen should come on so they can plug up their software to pull the codes. What normally is the problem with something like this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Most of the time it is a faulty PDC(power distribution center) which is the main fuse/relay box in the engine compartment and also serves as a control module. This should be tested by the dealer to confirm as bad and then replaced. But as a note of caution, sometimes auction vehicles have a plethora of electrical concerns and can wind up being several different causes tied in together - the PDC, wiring harness and body control module for instance Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The dealer didn't even wanna touch it how can I check it on my own?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The dash board lights up but it won't go from off to acc which is the problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also the rear lights stay on so i have to unplug the cable going to the fuse box
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, To be honest, if the dealer doesnt want to touch it, this vehicle most likely has some severe issues or they saw signs of flood damage, which are a nightmare. The only way to verify a bad PDC is the use of a DRBIII scan tool which is the Chrysler scan tool.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They did say they can't connect to the system because the car isn't going to acc. on the push to start it stays on the off light
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, let me pull the wiring diagrams for that. This may just be a bad start push button. Give me about 5-10 minutes on this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, It's still at the dealer if you want tomorrow I can put a video up on youtube so you can see it
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,yes, that would be most helpful. I will be online all day tomorrow. To leave this open to post a link to video tomorrow, just dont reply to this post now. That leaves it open for 7 days for you to reply back to
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried to get the truck back but I won't have it back until Monday it's at the dealership still.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
The previous expert opted out... Do you need help with this issue?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes why would he opt out
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
On your 2014 you can't use a DRBIII scantool because your vehicle is a CAN BUS vehicle so disregard what the previous expert said. Will the start button come in if you use the key to push the button? What is the VIN number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It doesn't go to accessories which is why they couldn't plug up their systems to read the computer in the vehicle
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
What is the VIN number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1C4RDJDG6EC531105