Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

How to fix a dodge caliber errors p161b an u1146 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

how to fix a dodge caliber errors p161b an u1146
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It won't go over 40 mpr and it's a dodge caliber error codes p161b and u1146
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Thank you and yes I'm pretty good with cars
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet want to be sure what to do first
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: thats the only problems it says
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I just bought it didn't know about the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code P161B indicate a problem with the TCM (transmission control module) which usually means it has failed. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TCM%20May%207.pdfThe code U1146 is also a TCM code indicating you have a loss of communication with it. See the steps below to check it as well.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TCM%20Com%20May%207.pdf