Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Do I have to take manifold cover off to replace the oil sending

Customer Question

Do I have to take manifold cover off to replace the oil sending unit and O ring on oil dipstick housing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Oil sending unit is bad and small leak coming from o ring around dip stick housing trying to find fastest method change these
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Ex is fixing it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Replaced oil and filter. Oil is fine light on dash stayed red then engine light came on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
what year and engine size and model is this ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2007 Dodge Caliber sxt
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe there is a turbo on it
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
what size engine ?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
2.4 turbo ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
the 2.4 turbo you need to change the oil sending unit from under the car using an oil pressure socket as seen hereif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer