-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Dodge Durango: I have a 2005 Durango 4.7 getting p300 random

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Durango 4.7 getting p300 random misfire code. I've changed the spark plugs. Nothing else done. It's running rough
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... What are the other codes that's setting in the PCM? What is the fuel psi when running?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No other codes and I haven't checked fuel pressure
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
A spark plug will not affect all the cylinders, I would start by checking the fuel psi which should be around 50 psi.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
55 fuel pressure is good.