-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My Key-fob 2008 Dodge Durgano is broke and until I get

Customer Question

My Key-fob for my 2008 Dodge Durgano is broke and until I get the money for a new one.....I want to use the standard gray key that I have to lock and unlock the doors without setting off the alarm. How do I do that?
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want to be able to lock and unlock the Durango without the alarm going off every time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No. Everything else works great.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... If the Alarm (VTSS) goes off when unlocking doors with a key, then it's because the Door lock cylinders no longer have doordisarm circuits. The security alarm can only be disarmed with a programmed key registered to thevehicle. Once the alarm has been triggered, and valid unlock lock request is required by remote or byinserting a programmed key into the ignition and turning it to the run position. Changes to the doorlock disarm functions improved the vehicles security allowing only the vehicles electronic systems todisarm with a valid programmed key. So you will need to get a new remote or deal with the alarm until you start it with the key.. There is no way around this.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad