Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My scan tool only reads one code JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

My scan tool only reads one code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to get inspects I my 2000 dodge stratus and the scanner will only reads one usable code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the wires fuses and battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: I know it should be 7 or 8 codes and only one shows up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... What code do you have? If you have any codes it will not pass inspection.. It needs to have 0 codes and have all the monitors ran before it will pass inspection..