-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

When my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 sits few hours, it looses

Customer Question

When my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 sits for a few hours, it looses its prime and is very hard to start. No issues once it is running.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... If you can monitor the fuel psi with a fuel psi gauge connected to the fuel rail and you have low psi when starting and the fuel pump has 12v and ground then you will need a new pump in the tank.. But make sure the psi is low and the pump has 12v and ground before replacing.. If you don't have 12v and ground then you will have an issue with the fuel pump relay in the TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood... If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I am following you correctly, I will need to check voltage at the pump? Is there a way to check the TIPM ? I am guessing that to check voltage at the pump, I will need to drop the tank to get to the connections.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.
Check fuse M25 in the fuse box under the hood when you don't have fuel psi.. If you don't have voltage follow the attachment.. If you do have voltage with no psi then replace the fuel pump.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad