Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Stratus: . I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4L engine.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4L engine. 4 cylinder. Says DOHC on top. Im not car savvy so I have done the best i can. It has had the camshaft sensor, crankshaft position sensor, thermostat and spatk plugs replaced.
My vehicle states with a digital scan that it had a P0335 code meaning according to the sensor it had an issue with the crankshaft position sensor. Thus, why i changed it.
With all these replacements the vehicle still wont go over the big 2(cant remember if its 2,200 or 22,000) rpms. It begins to stutter.
Also the vehicle takes about 3 tries with three seconds a piece to turn on. What can i do to get Silver (what i call her) in working order again?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need to get the 8th digit of the VIN number to pull up the correct testing procedure for this code.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The 8th digit of the VIN number is *****
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,Ok, either there is a short or open circuit in the wiring harness to the crank sensor or the pcm is faulty. You will need to test the wiring and repair as needed. If ok, then replace the pcm
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.