Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I replaced the front crank seal on my 24v as well as the front

Customer Question

i replaced the front crank seal on my 24v as well as the front cover gasket and it is still leaking oil on the front of the passanger side
JA: An oil leak can be frustrating and tough to diagnose. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: so i bought the truck about 2 months ago and when i test drove it there was no oil leak. went back to pick the truck up a day later the sales guy said he was gonna make sure all the fluids where topped off befor i left. i susspect that he over filled the oil and thats what caused the front seal to go out. after replaceing it and put everything back togeather i test drove it the next day didnt leak. once it got up to opperating temps for a while it stareted leaking again. when i park it the oil spot is just bigger then a half dollar and only leaks when the motor is running
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i went to school of high performance automotive several years ago at UNOH and have been working on cars and trucks for some time
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: other then the front seal and the front cover gasket nothing i cant seem to find the leak
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: it has 197K on it and it sat for some time befor i bought it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?