Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Durango: I have a 2002 dodge durango with the 4.7 and I am

Customer Question

I have a 2002 dodge durango with the 4.7 and I am not getting any spark.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of a no spark condition on these engines (provided the computer is good and "awake" with the key on) is going to be a bad camshaft position sensor and or crankshaft position sensor.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed out both sensors and it's still not firing. What's my next step?
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.
Hello! The next step is to check the inputs and signals from each sensor while cranking the engine over.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by checking the inputs and signals..
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.
Good morning! These sensors are hall affect sensors (three wires sensors). This means they need a reference voltage and a ground going to them in order for them to produce a signal as the engine is rotating over. The cam and crank sensors get a reference voltage from the PCM or computer anytime the key is in the ON position. So to check the inputs to the sensors, turn the key on, disconnect the connectors going to these sensors and check for voltage and a ground going to each connector.
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I figured out the issue. And I have my parts on order. Thanks for the help
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.
You are welcome! I glad I can help! Please don't forget to rate my answer as "Excellent service" for assisting you with your vehicle. It has been a pleasure working with you!
Customer