Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 07 dodge dakota and i recently changed the c clip

Customer Question

i have a 07 dodge dakota and i recently changed the c clip in the rear diff and changed all the tires but not rims and changed out all shocks what would be cause a vibration in front or rear while highway driving or under heavy load or somtimes just when going 60 now that i went on 401 to ottawa not its wosrt can u help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem may be a drive line balance concern but before you consider that I would start with having a Road Force balance done on all 4 tires and wheels, this type of balance with determine if you have a rim that could be out of round or even a defective new tire or an axle concern. Do this first and see if this resolves the problem and let me know and we can work from there is need be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the company i bought from took it to a auto place said they did a road force test everything was fine but they could be lying as im leasing this car and they have tried to fix this problem since feb and still not fixed i asked them about the drive shaft thye said no but should like clunking when going into gear and they put all new tires on but not rims and the ppl that looked at the car safeied my truck with bad shock and strust so not sure i trust them
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Bad shocks will not cause a vibration , a bad rim will and a drive line balance issue will as well. Because you do not know for sure the road force balance has been done, that the place I would start with yourself if I where you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my truck also seems to be sitting lower in the front as well more then the back is that normal
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The right height may very well be normal for this truck and that would not cause any type of vibration as well.