-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My outside air temperature indicator on the dash of my 2014

Customer Question

My outside air temperature indicator on the dash of my 2014 pro master is indicating 181° ...obviously that's incorrect what could be the problem
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No I don't but the check engine light come on today
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything is running great don't have any operating issues other than the temperature indicating the wrong outside temperature
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't want to carry my van all the way to Mobile Alabama 80 miles away to get service
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. The ambient temp sensor on your Promaster is in the outside mirrors.. Have you changed the mirrors or are they factory? If they are aftermarket then you will need the factory mirrors installed to correct this situation... If you have factory mirrors then I attached a test you will need to follow to see if you find any issues.. If could be a bad ambient temp sensor and it would also help to know what codes are setting... If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad