-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge charger rt: I have a 2014 dodge charger rt. I bought

Customer Question

I have a 2014 dodge charger rt. I bought it new and the car has 50,000 on it. The check engine light came on about 2 weeks ago so I took it to the Dodge dealership they instructed me that I needed to change the spark plugs and have the throttle body cleaned. I changed all 16 spark plugs but did not clean the throttle body. The check engine light came back on about 2 weeks after changing the spark plugs. Will a dirty throttle body cause this. Also how could it be this dirty with only 50,000 on car.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. What codes are setting?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe it PO302.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took to dealership and the dam people wanted almost $700 to change spark plugs and clean throttle body is what they said it was
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I changed plugs myself but did not clean throttle body
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
The code you have is cylinder #2 misfire.. Have you done a compression check or swapped coils, injectors to see if the misfire moves to a different cylinder? What is your VIN number?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Check engine light came back on about 10 says after changing plugs. I didn't think about switching coils. If the check engine light is on and I switch coils will the same code pop up. Or do I need to switch coils then have the code reset and read again once it comes on?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Well since your trying to fix this on your own without a scantool, I would first swap the coils to the cylinder beside it and drive it to see if the code moves to P0304. If it still shows P0302 then swap the injector and drive it to see if the misfire moves.. If you swap both and the code still shows P0302 then you will need to perform a compression test and a cylinder leakdown test to see if you have a bad intake or exhaust valve...