Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Working on a 2004 dodge Intrepid 2.7 It will not go above 2400

Customer Question

working on a 2004 dodge Intrepid 2.7 It will not go above 2400 rpms without shuttering. Has a P0355 code. I have replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor the Camshaft Sensor and the MAP sensor. Wondering what to check next.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car just does not run right over 2400 RPMs Otherwise it runs smooth. Sometimes after driving for a while and you come to a stop and take off again it'll only allow you to go 30 mpr until you pull over and shut the car off and restart it again. Also it cranks a long time before starting.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor,and the MAP sensor.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: keeps coming up with P0355 code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. What is the engine vacuum while the engine is at idle?