tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs

Dodge Ram 1500: I have a 2009 dodge ram 1500. You can start

Customer Question

I have a 2009 dodge ram 1500. You can start it up and start driving down the road and all of a sudden it will feel like it starts to shudder but when you come to a stop you can clearly feel it then, which feels like a misfire in the engine. You can turn the truck off and start it back up and it will run fine the rest of the day. It will do it at lunch time every day. No engine codes present. Hurts my brain!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 5 months ago.
does it feel like transmission or motor?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It feels like the motor. Because when you come to stop it feels like a miss.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And also I have hooked it up to a snap on scanner and viewed the fire on each cylinder while it was doing this And it showed all cylinders were firing good. But also I this 5.7 has 16 spark plugs and I don't think the scan tool is set up for 16 and only views 8.
Expert:  xsvector replied 5 months ago.
does it smooth out in neutral?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it does not
Expert:  xsvector replied 5 months ago.
is the motor quiet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other than a squealing belt or pulley
Expert:  xsvector replied 5 months ago.
no codes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nope. No codes.
Expert:  xsvector replied 5 months ago.
I'm gonna op out I'm unsure
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok what's happens with the money I was charged?
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
first,,tune it up,new plugs and plug boots,if it still does this and from the way you explain,you may have a failing crank sensor.the crank sensor can do this and not give a code for it
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.