Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Mercedes Sprinter 2500: I have a 2004 Sprinter 2500, long wheel

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Sprinter 2500, long wheel base, tall height. My cruise control has been progressively failing. Used to hold at 73, but started disengaging at the top and bottom of hills. The speed it holds has been getting progressively lower, over the last 6 months it has slipped to about 60. I've had it in to the people who normally do work on it for me, but they haven't been able to solve it. Any thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, so what happens now if you set it at 70? will it not engage at all? is 60 the highest speed you can get it to stick at? also if it does set , does it still kick itself out ? the common issue is seeing if the brake switch is loose and bumps will jar the brake switch which will kick out the cruise.