-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

JUST GOT 08 CHARGER OUT OF WINTER STORAGE(WAS ON BATTERY

Customer Question

HI, JUST GOT 08 CHARGER OUT OF WINTER STORAGE(WAS ON BATTERY CHARGER). WHEN I WENT TO RESTART CAR HAD TO JUMP IT. TOOK CAR FOR A 45 MINUTE CHARGE UP RIDE. GAUGES AND DASHBOARD LIGHTS ACTED VERY ERATICALLY.CAME HOME AND DISSCONECTED AND CLEANED BATTERY TERMINALS. TRIED TO RESTART AND NOTHING. ANY IDEAS?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Have you had the battery tested? I would remove the battery and have it tested first to see if your dealing with a bad cell in the battery.. If it will start then check the charging voltage and it should be around 14v @ idle.. If the battery is bad I would replace it and retest.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad