Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Dodge charger: I have a 2008 dodge charger. After I took the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 dodge charger. After I took the car through the car wash the Traction, ABS, and ESP lights came on and stayed on. I ran a diagnostic tool and there were no codes coming up. What could be causing this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your charger. I will try to help. All those lights will come on if it sets a abs code. The diagnostic machine you hooked up, does it read abs? Most small hand held units only do engine. It has to be able to read ABS. Let me know and we will see where to go from here.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sonny,I apologize for taking so long getting back to you. Unfortunately, my diagnostic tool does not read ABS codes. One other issue I've noted is that I can no longer use the cruise control feature. Does this help to narrow down the possible culprit? Do you have any thoughts on what it may be?
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, unfortunately it doesn't. But your cruise control is related. When those lights come on often it disables the cruise. Can you bring it by an advance auto or autozone? Often they will scan it for free and most of those stores use a hand held scanner that will scan ABS. But without the code, the problem could be anywhere. And I'd be sending you in circles trying to find the problem. That being said I feel like most likely water got into one of the connectors for the abs sensors on ea wheel. If you want you can pull ea connector apart and blow it out with air or brake cleaner then reconnect. But a code would speed things up drastically. You may even be able to clear it and it not come back thus solving the problem. Let me know what you want to do and I'll try to be of assistance.Thanks
Sonny