Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

I'm Norbert. its actually a 92 3000GT and both the tour/sport

Customer Question

I'm Norbert. its actually a 92 3000GT and both the tour/sport light stays on. When I press the ESC button, i dont see any change in the handling of the car nor does the light go out or toggle.
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its simple i can. I used to be a mechanic back in the day.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: this must be an automated response. I said its a 92 mitsubishi 3000GT
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to determine what is failing on your Electronic Stability Control system the first thing you are going to need to do is to connect a compatible scan tool to the system and scan it to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see If I can help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Most of the shops like Auto Zone and Advanced Auto that does it for free only has scan tools that start from 1996 and newer. The dealer can do it but it is a standard $102 + tax to have them lift a finger. I was hoping this route would be my way around all that. Is there another way I can get the use of a scan tool?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Your are right , your system is and OBD I system and a code reader will not work . The system can be scanned with any shop that has a full scan tool. This does not have to be done by the dealer. You may want to consider a local shop. There labor rate is usually much less.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I get that done I will contact you again as the matter has not yet been addressed. I actually have 2 issues that are similar. Both the SRS and the TOUR/SPORT dash lights remain on. Is there any thing else that I can check in the meantime to rule out?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately with out scanning for codes there is not, the scan is the first step.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maybe a loose connector somewhere? If only I knew where they are.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
With out know the fault code it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Im sorry I wish I could be more helpful but the fault codes are needed. If you would like I can open the post back up and perhaps someone else has something different to offer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure. Thx.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Doing so now, good luck.