Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

98 ram 2500 tail light wires. Right: green with black (right

Customer Question

98 ram 2500 tail light wires. Right: green with black (right turn?), green with yellow (tail lights?), black (ground?)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just need to know which color wires are tail, turn and ground on left and right tail light assemblies.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping to get trailer lights wired properly. Previous owner has wires that trailer company says are mixed up.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.
Hello Eddie here, is it diesel or gas? I want to be sure I get the right diagram. thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Diesel
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.
Here are your two wiring diagrams.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.
BROWN/RED is Right Hand turn signal GREEN/RED is Left Hand turn signal. Black is ground. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.
Does that match what you have? I looked it up for Quad cab, but club cab is showing the same colors as well.