Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2005 Grand cherokee 5.7 just through a P0016 and P0335 codes.

Customer Question

2005 Grand cherokee 5.7 just through a P0016 and P0335 codes. Trying to determine cause.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. These codes are most likely being set because of a failing crankshaft position sensor. I have seen this before at the dealership I work at. Have the crankshaft position sensor replaced. I am 99% sure that this will fix it. And PLEASE use only a Mopar brand OEM crank sensor. I have seen issues with some after market ones. If you want to replace it yourself, please let me know and I will send you the procedure to replace it. Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just replaced cats, lifters, MDS solenoids and crank pos sensor a couple of months ago. It seems every six months I get a code for the cps. I've been replacing them with aftermarket. Should I replace both cam and crank sensors to be certain?
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Yes and PLEASE use only Mopar sensors. Like I said earlier, aftermarket sensors just do not work well on several Chrysler built vehicles. I have seen this many times. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
By the way, If my answer is helpful would you kindly take a minute and rate my service today? Thank you! I can still help you if you need me even after you rate. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have not heard from you in a while and was just wondering how it is going with the Jeep.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have not heard from you in a while and was just wondering how it is going with the Jeep. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello? where did you go?