Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

How do I get the emergency key on 2016 Ram 1500 RT to unlock

Customer Question

How do I get the emergency key on 2016 Ram 1500 RT to unlock door without setting off the alarm?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I do not want to carry a key fob just the key portion. Every time I try to unlock the door since I don't carry the fob the alarm goes off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, since we took to dealer and they had it 4 days and were unable to do so.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just took to dealer. I have a 2016 Dodge Caravan and we open the door with the key without the alarm and a friend has a 2016 Rebel and can open his also with alarm. They said at dealer that there was nothing we could do but we would have purchased a different brand vehicle if this was the case. We were very specific when we ordered the truck.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It is 2 weeks old so only has 500 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. The only way to do this is to lock the doors manually with the lock button on each door. Do not use the power door lock switch. That should keep the alarm from arming. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please note: If I have been at all helpful, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!