-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Ram 3500 SRW: I have a 2011 ram 3500 w/6.7 and manual trans,

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ram 3500 w/6.7 and manual trans, HS tuner no EGR/DPF. My truck is acting as though the turbo is stuck with the veins closed upon startup. The CEL is on, the first time i can the codes it said P020A,B,C. I checked the resistance across all the injector solenoids, replaced the valve cover gasket/harness cleared codes. No change. The truck now has a different code P226C & P2563. How do i diagnose/ rule out a turbo actuator
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Do you have a WITech scantool to perform a turbo test?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
You will need to run the test on the turbo with a Witech to see if it needs to be updated, cleaned, or replaced. We(Dealership) charge 1 hour labor to run the turbo test, but to be honest it's most likely bad as I have replaced many turbos for this issue.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If it is the turbo actuator why would it have thrown the p020... Codes?