rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Hard start not all the time it was cold on monday hard time

Customer Question

hard start not all the time it was cold on monday hard time to start today not as cold start great last week put a new crankshaft senser it started great
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: stalls at red lights some times no power
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: new battery stalls on flat
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: some times when get around 50 to 60 it bucks wont let me go any faster i pull over shut off the truck re start it gose away
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. The best thing to do is attach a scan tool to see what all the sensor reading are including the fuel trims. You may have a bad vacuum leak causing this too.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the codes from the truck
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
Okay, but we also need the data from the sensors.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have a Scan tool
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
Sorry to hear that, what are the codes anyway? We may not get to far without computer data and I hope you don't let that affect my rating.Thanks again, Ron
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1281. 320. 700. 455
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
None of those are related to your complaint, sorry.Thanks again Ron
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay thanks for the help
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
You bet, thank you too. Please rate me now:) Ron