Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2500 ram 5.7 hd: I have a 2003 dodge 2500 hd with a 5.7 hemi

Customer Question

I have a 2003 dodge 2500 hd with a 5.7 hemi when i start up it idel down then after about 30 sec its starts diesaling out and running like shit sometime i put the truck into gear and put the break on just to stop it from running like shit also i cant find the the u joint for the front drive line off of the crank case there is two of them, napa or rockauto dont know what it is
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the check engine light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.If there is no check engine light on let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete