-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have 2 rams a 97 and a 99. the 97 is going to be donated

Customer Question

I have 2 rams a 97 and a 99. the 97 is going to be donated as soon as I have switched some parts. The last to go is the rear window. The 97 has a tinted slider while the 99 is untinted and doesn't open. Can they be interchanged and if so is it a big job.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing on the window. I can change windows on a kenworth truck but have never done one of these. I work in a kenworth body shop
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: nope just need to know how to change this one last thing and I don't want to damage the rubber molding
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Yes you can swap the rear sliding windows, but you will likely need a new seal because of it being hard and will crack.. SLIDING VENT GLASS - CONVENTIONAL CABREMOVALSlide the upper left and upper right run channels out of window frameSlide left and right glass panels upward, remove and separate latch and keeperIf necessary, remove lower glass channel and replaceINSTALLATIONIf necessary, install lower run channel.Position left and right glass panels at window opening and lower into the lower run channel. The glass panels must be in the closed positionSlide the upper left and upper right run channels into the window frame.Verify window and latch/keeper operation.If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad