Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I am confussed. I went to pay pal and it was charging me the full char

Customer Question

I am confussed. I went to pay pal and it was charging me the full charge. I thought it only charged a partial amount till satisfied ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Po700 and p1776 codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have dropped the pan , and dropped the valve body ! I gave read that the p1776 code is the shift mogel if a certain build date us in my trans.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Its a dodge intrepid. 2002
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code P0700 means the TCM is setting a fault code and that would be the P1776, the most common cause for this code to set is in most cases cause by a failing Transmission Solenoid Pack. Chrysler has released a service bulletin dealing with this code which may apply depending on your build date which calls for replacing the solenoid pack and or the switching valve in the valve body. See the steps to check it in the link below as well as the service bulletin. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sol%20Pack%20May%203.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Service%20bulletin%20May%203.pdf
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already know this, and i wrote that in my question of the code and the bulletin. My solenoid has a 1372, is that the build date that is the solenoid problem ? Also does it matter which culumalator goes in which location ?? They got out of place. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also , i replaced the 2.7 with a diffrent year engine, reused the origanal flex(drive plate) and the same design cam sprockets as origanal and reused the cam and crank sensors . Would or could this cause my problem ? It runs and drives great , till it goes into limp mode. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your first link says one thing and the second link seams to say something diffrent! Which to belive??
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Okay unfortunately I do not have anymore information on this , I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something different to offer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.