Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I disconnected my BCM on my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 and now

Customer Question

I disconnected my BCM on my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 and now it will not even turn over. Do I need to reprogram it or something
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My trucks engine has just shut off about 4-5 time while driving like coming to a stop or turning at slow speeds. I would just put it in N and it would restart. This time no go it wouldn't restart. I unplugged the back of the multifunction fuse box/BCM/ECU and cleaned all the connection and now it won't even turn over. It did before I Cleaned the connections
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I read a forum where this guy had the same issues just like me everything the same. He changed the EGR valve and issue cleared up. I changed the EGR but the truck won't even turn over battery is at full charge
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: That it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.You might have accidentally triggered the anti-theft system. If so, using the original key to unlock the doors and turn the ignition should disarm it so the engine will be allowed to start.Another possibility is that you unplugged something (I don't know what you mean by "multifunction fuse box/BCM/ECU") and didn't plug it back in correctly.When you say it won't start, does that mean the starter cranks the engine but the engine won't start and run?