Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Jeep wrangler unlimited: Have starter trooubles periodtcally.

Customer Question

Have starter trooubles periodtcally. Lights come on, all lights in dash light up, but No click. Had new starter put in only to have same thing happen. Jumping isn^t the fix. Removed fuses waited, then maybe it starts, maybe not. Black to fuses again then maybe 1 or 3 tries later it starts. Then as I am going down road, my lights on dash start ringing and blinking for about 1 or 2 minutes and all go off except esp/based that stays on until I shut off engine and restart, and yes I might not have this no start for a day to 2 weeks. Took vehicle in for this issue plus a noise in front end driver side when I turn or drive over bumpy road. Dealer replaced master computer tips plus another chip on another board. Went 3 weeks only to have same garbage happen again. Sent $$$ I didn^t have for nothing and they said they didn^t hear any noise. Nothing fixed. Can you help please. I work 84 miles away from home and this isn^t safe.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Is it automatic or manual transmission? If automatic, have you tried wiggling or playing with the shifter and then starting it and if so, does it start after doing this? Can I get the last 8 of the vin so I can pull the schematics for the starting system