Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

P3497 changed solenoids code came back after 150 miles JA:

Customer Question

P3497 changed solenoids code came back after 150 miles
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006 Durrango 5.7 code P3497 MDS replaced all four solenoids and the code returned after 150 miles do I have a lifter problem?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced MDS
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Has all new O2 sensors but a ground strap is broken near muffler???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. it could be a lifter, but probably not. It could be an oil issue. I found a Star case that talks about this. I am going to send it to you and will also send you the diagnostic procedure for that code. Give me a few minutes to gather this info up for you. be right back, Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Ok, here is the link for you. I hope this helps, and if so please take a minute to rate my service when you get a chance. Just use the rating system you see on the just answer site. I can continue to assist you after you rate if you need me. Thank you! Chris. Here is the link:
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, did you get my answer? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have not heard from you in a while and was just wondering how it is going with the Durango.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris