Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

Dodge ram: i own a 2008 dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7 80000

Customer Question

hello i own a 2008 dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7 80000 miles motor went. found some.more then i want to pay. i found a 2006 4.7 very reasonable. ive noticed 08 uses 16 spark plugs. 06 uses 8. to look at them. seems about all i can see .i understand 06 has less power witch is ok with me 08 always had a power issue anyway. so question is will 06 4.7 take the place of 08 easily.?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.You CAN use the earlier version of the motor but you will have to use all of the accessories and sensors and such from your current motor. Also you will need to swap the 08 crank and cam gears to the earlier engine (this is a slightly big chore but should be doable if you are capable of swapping an engine). Otherwise its pretty much a direct fit. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks