Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Pearl I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan 3.0 and it wont start.

Customer Question

Hello Pearl I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan 3.0 and it wont start. We have changed the fuel pump, the coils, the distributor, the fuel pump relay but its not turning over.
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have no idea what to do from here
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have changed the fuel pump, the coils, the distributor, the fuel pump relay but its not turning over.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Tell me, when you crank the engine, do you see the tachometer needle move up a little bit?
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply. Chris