Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge 3500: i need help fixing non working windows locks mirrors

Customer Question

i need help fixing non working windows locks mirrors 2003 dodge 3500
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.Is it ALL the windows and locks that are not operating? What have you tried so far?Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes all windows all locks and both mirrors are not working
I changed the drivers side master window switch and still not working
I checked #9 40 amp fuse It has power at the fuse and the fuse is good
have no power on any pins at the switch
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is there a relay that might cause the problem
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.
The most common cause for this issue is the wiring in the rubber boot that leads from the body opening to the front of the door. I recommend to check the boot on the driver door first. What you must do is peel back the boot from the body side and check the wiring inside the boot. I suspect that you will find that one or more of the wires are broken.If it is one or two wires, this can easily be fixed by soldering the wires back together and installing heat shrink on the repaired areas. If it is more than two or three wires, replacement of the affected door wiring harness will be recommended.. Go ahead and check the boots and get back with me... If you find that they are ok, I can post some wiring diagrams to help you find the problem.. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert ______________________________________If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! . Thank you! Robert
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
can you tell me which wire color should be hot at the switch
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.
Here's a document showing both connectors on the driver door switch assembly. I highlighted the power and ground circuits. Check for power and ground at the highlighted circuits. Click To ViewKeep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, ***** ***** you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question! Robert
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I see that I do have ground on both ground wires but I did not have power on the tan wire. When I use a jumper wire and put power to the tan wire the windows work but the locks and the mirrors do not. What should I do next?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nevermind I found a plug under the steering column that had come unplugged and solved the problem. I appreciate your help. Although you did not fix the problem you did help me to figure out which was supposed to be the hot wire. I am willing to pay you something for your time but not the full amount. How can I adjust that amount and get you paid???
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.
I'm not sure of a way to change the payment amount. You will need to contact customer service.***@******.*** - Email them and I'm sure they can help you adjust the payment amount.. Thanks in advance for the "Positive" rating and for using JustAnswer.Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through ]My Profile Page[ (Bookmark this link). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.
Hello, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"" My Profile Page ""< (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.`