-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Ram 1500: , i just installed a backup camera on my 2015

Customer Question

hello, i just installed a backup camera on my 2015 ram 1500 pickup, but now i have no power to the radio !!! all the fuses are good, i have hot power to the memory port but not in the ACC mode. not sure what wire is hot in the running mode ??? NEED HELP thank you. Doug
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Can I get your VIN number to grab a wiring diagram?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes my vin # is 1C6RR7KT3FS558104 and could you please call me at(###) ###-#### thanks Doug.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the VIN!!! I attached the wiring diagram for the radio.. Pin 44 (Red wire) should have 12v and you should have ground on 43 (black). If both are good then you likely have a bad radio.. There is a radio update released 11/12/2015 which is software level 12.12.5_7.03.05. I would try to disconnect the battery for 5 min if you think you may have shorted it..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Brad i never received the wiring diagram you said was sended to me !!! but yes i have a live( red ) hot wire i think is for the radio memory but no other live wire when the truck is running. there should be two hot wires when the truck is running ??? I disconnected the battery over night but the radio still didn't work i need to know what other colored wire is hot with the truck running Thanks again Doug
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Brad still haven't received a wiring diagram for my 5.0 uconnect radio !!!! you said you would send one, i need to know the wire color code and what that wire feeds thanks Doug.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Here is wiring
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad