Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2011 ram 2500 and have the letters CF flashing constantly

Customer Question

i have a 2011 ram 2500 and have the letters CF flashing constantly on the display screen where it should read the gain setting. Also on the dash the phrase keeps coming up saying trailer not connected when i know its plugged in.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm a j-man RV tech and have lots of experience on trailers and trucks but have never run into this one. When i picked up the trailer a week ago everything was working fine and now it is doing all kinds of weird stuff.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: After reading some of the other stories i tried going and setting the EVIC but the display on the dash shows nothing about setting brakes. I have had the truck since new and it has worked fine up until a year ago and this display comes on and off whether i'm pulling a trailer or not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. This has the factory Integrated Trailer Brake Control unit on the left of the instrument panel, correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
I've had to replace a few of these modules due to internal failure. A scan at the dealer may help to condemn the module...Other than that, I recommend to check all wiring on both the truck and trailer..If you need wiring diagrams, let me know. If you do need these, please post the last 8 digits of the vin so I can get the right diagrams. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to get the numbers for you. I don't have them here with me now. How do I get back to you with them?
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Just post a reply here. I'll reply when I'm online... Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.