Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

1992 stealth that hasn'the been started in several years.

Customer Question

1992 stealth that hasn'the been started in several years. Jumped the battery, but the alarm goes off each time the door is opened. Can'the shutoff the alarm with the key.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Alarm can'take be turned off with the key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried both doorsl and rear trunk.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Hasn'the been started in several years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your dodge, I need a little more info to help you with it. First is it a factory alarm or aftermarket? If it's the factory alarm have you tried putting key in the ignition and turning it to on? If it's aftermarket what brand is it? Is it the horn that is blaring when it goes off or a siren?Thanks
Sonny