sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My 2003 durango stopped it will start but wont drive JA:

Customer Question

my 2003 durango stopped it will start but wont drive
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Okay
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No im 9 month's pregnant
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It just wont move i was due for an oil change and i was on my way to get one and it just stopped
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You could have a few things going on. If it's four wheel drive then the transfer case could be in neutral, you may have a differential or transmission issue, or it's possible that you could have a brake drag issue. I expect the issue is with the transmission.If you have a 45RFE trans then the problem may be very simple, I've seen quite a few cases where a filter will split or pop out of it's seal, the pump sucks air and the trans won't engage.Do you know what engine you have?When you put it in gear and try to accelerate does the tach limb high, the same as if the trans was in park?