Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I'm having electrical problems with my 2004 dodge ram 1500

Customer Question

I'm having electrical problems with my 2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7l
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No crank no start. No box around gear and no fuel gauge no connection to computer when key is on. Traced to asd relay. If i jump pin 30 and 87 on relay scanner connects to computer and truck will start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you saying you have a no crank condition? Does the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT come on with the key on for a bulb check? Does the TPS have 5 volts going to it with the key on?