Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

2003 3.3 dodge minivan no spark, no compression, engine

Customer Question

2003 3.3 dodge minivan no spark, no compression, engine turnsover fine
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Hi good morning . Remove the valve cover and crank over the engine and check and see that the cams are turning and check that the chain is turning ,If the chain is damaged and is not turning the cams you will not have any compression and np spark as the cam and crank sensor will not send signal to the ECM .You could also confirm this with checking for malfunction codes you may fins cam or crank sensor codes .if you have the equipment just do a cylinder compression test this will confirm broken or slipped timing chain .A fast turning engine is sign of very low or no compression Do the compression test first if you have the tester .. You may have to remove the timing chain cover if compression is very low and inspect what has failed if timing has slipped or chain off the sprockets you will have to remove and repair the cylinderheads as this is an interference engine meaning piston to valve contact when timing off. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.