Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Ram 1500, and out of the blue it refuses to drive

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ram 1500, and out of the blue it refuses to drive in reverse and i have no idea what might be causing this issue.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing else that i can tell is going on with the truck, i just changed all the break pads but thats it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If at all possible, yes.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to determine weather the transmission problem you are having with reverse is internal or an electronic control issue the first thing you need to do is the connect a scan tool and scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine cause.