bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 2010 dodge caliber with no crank no start contidion.

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2010 dodge caliber with no crank no start contidion. I have no power to fuse location 32 which is asd feed 1 also no power to asd feed 2 or 3. But if i supply 12 volts to location 32 the other 2 are powered an car starts up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really... all accessories work fuel pump doest power up. But if i supply power to location 32 all is good an starts
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.
do you have the vin I need to pull a vin specific wiring diagram, for the ASD relay
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1B3CB3HA5AD565345
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.
fuses 33 and 18 FEED the asd relay with fuse 18 (40 amp) feeding the asd output so I would look at the first 2 fuses FIRST here is a link to the diagram for the ASD relay it's a 3 page PDF file and is only available for a few days so please save it and print it for your use. the ASD relay in the diagram is now called the MAIN relay, if you need more help ASK I am here to assisthttps://www.dropbox.com/s/75elqv4ppiz7e8r/FUSES_RELAY---MAIN---2.0L_2.4L.pdf?dl=0 I noticed you have yet to rate 3 of your open questions and 1 has been closed by a moderator so please note this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All fuses are good an have power. Except asd feed 1 which is #32 and 23 an 26. If i jump power to #32 then 23 & 26 are hot also. An car will turn over and start
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.
if 33 and 18 are good you need to check the asd control from the pcm look at the diagram i sent and you will see this is a GROUND, the pcm sends a ground to the asd relay if there is no ground the asd will never latch and the car will never start when you power up the 2 dead fuses all you are doing is BYPASSING the asd, look at the diagram and you will see how it's wired.if there is no ground check the wire for continuity with your digital ohm meter (LESS THAN 2 ohms of resistance)also there HAS to be a code setting do you have it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No code being sent. Have checked it twice.
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.
with a scanner? the old key cycle will no longer workusing the diagram verify there is a ground at the relay if there is then check for power at the 2 terminals listed you either have a dead pcm or dead TIPM wiring is also possible but not that common unless your in a area where rodents are common
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes used a scanner. Not with car at moment but im leaning towards pcm. Removed tipm an didnt see any damage to wires. Would a different pcm have to be flashed?
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.
absolutely you cannot use a used pcm and OEM ones are blank if this thing has UNDER 80k the computer is under warranty