-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2013 6.7 Ram 2500. todays code is P229F what does this code

Customer Question

2013 6.7 Ram 2500. todays code is P229F what does this code effect
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: this truck seems to set Codes every 10,000 miles for O2 related function mainly the sensor after the DPF. The only adverse run condition it has is a rattle or knock at the top of the gear shifts under load. Almost this a gas engine detonates.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: clearing the codes with a Mac Mentor scan tool
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: 2013 Ram 2500 50,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. Can I get your VIN number?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the reply!! I attached the diagnostic tests you will need to follow to determine the issue.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which test is this for? What is code P227F?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry P229F
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
This test is for code P229F. You will need to follow the test to find your issues..
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..Thank you and have a great day,Brad