sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan giving 4 or 5 codes such

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan giving 4 or 5 codes such as
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: P1496, p1478, p0122, p0123, p1684, p0118. I'm most concerned about p1478 which is low 5v and probably is triggering the rest
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Change ECM
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: It run very rough as if it running off of 2 cylinders
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!The most likely cause for these codes setting would be a short to ground or between circuits in the harness at the intake manifold. The most common problem area is around the coil area where the main engine harness connects to the intake harness. The first thing I would recommend is closely inspecting the wiring on the intake side of this connector. You may need to peel back the split loom, often the wring insulation is either melted or degraded from heat and oil leakage, and wires will either be shorted to each other or to ground.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I've heard something like this. What do I need to get to replace them? Could you send me a diagram? Or will I have to cut wires?
I'm unable to post directly from the service information due to copyright. All you need to do is locate the connector for the intake harness behind the coil pack area and inspect the wires on the intake side. If they are damaged then you can either remove and repair the harness or you can replace it, although a replacement harness is quite expensive.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm showing that you replied but there is no post on the page.