sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My dodge 6.7 cummings '07 wont crank. worked fine all day

Customer Question

my dodge 6.7 cummings '07 wont crank. worked fine all day and just doesn't crank now. everything works fine until you go to crank it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's basically it. never had trouble out of it til now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope its simple enough. I'm no mechanic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: ummm.... the check engine light pops up now and a little red light too
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the dealer where I got my truck just gave me a programmer for better gas mileage. I just hooked it up today. I think its connected to the problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if the ECM isn't awake and I do suspect an issue with the programmer. If the ECM isn't awake then the starter won't engage, the engine light won't do a normal bulb check and go out, and the S***** *****ght will stay on because the wireless control module isn't communicating with the ECM.I suspect the ECM is non responsive due to the programmer failing, correct? Did it fail while programming software; did you try to use the programmer and now it will not start?