Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Viper Gen 3: I have a 2004 gen 3 Viper. The blower fan motor

Customer Question

I have a 2004 gen 3 Viper. The blower fan motor will run a bit then shut off. If I turn off the engine and start it back the motor will run a short time and again shut off. I have replaced the blower motor 3 times, and the relay once. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chuck
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. I was just looking at the wiring diagram and see that the blower motor relay gets voltage for the relay's coil from the BCM. You may have a failing BCM. But let's see if we can confirm this. Do this: Remove the relay and look on the relay to see which terminals are # ***** and # ***** Now get a 14 or 16 gauge piece of wire and bypass the relay by inserting one end of the wire into cavity #30, and the other into cavity # ***** See if the blower motor still cuts off. Let me know. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my answer. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hi Chuck, do you still need help with the Viper blower motor? Chris