Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2009 Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 5.7 L hemi has begun to stall in

Customer Question

2009 Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 5.7 L hemi has begun to stall in the last few months, when I accelerate from a stop or decelerate coming to a slowdown or stop ( 3-4 times in last month). No engine light comes on. It starts right back up when I turn the key in neutral. Beginning to worry me, but I had this issue with a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and it turned out to be the ignition key system, there was a short developing. Could this be it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing other than fuel treatment stuff thinking it might be fuel related. Not worked.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. How does the engine run under a load? Does it run nice and smooth with plenty of power? Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer?