Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 2005 1500 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi, engine light is on,

Customer Question

I have a 2005 1500 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi, engine light is on, then was flashing, now back to on. A person at the parts counter, after reading the code
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: ? said id had something to do with the backflow when getting gas?
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Dodge Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopefully it's something stupid easy, but in any case I have an appointment next week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Prior to the light flashing, the truck lost power and the RPMS were going crazy. I slowed down to 35mph, light started flashing. Eventually got to 55mph and 10 miles towards home the light stopped flashing ,went to steady. Has been on since Last Friday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
ok before i can assist i need the ACTUAL fault code number(s) it should start with a P and have 4 numbers.a flashing check engine light is caused by a misfire BUT with out the code(s) i can only guess